Equity Policy Statement
PETERBOROUGH TOWN CRICKET CLUB - Equity Policy Statement
Peterborough Town Cricket Club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of it’s development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sport England definition of sports equity :
- Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- The Cricket Club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The Cricket Club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All Cricket Club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The Cricket Club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures and which are documented in its Constitution.
Chairman, Peterborough Town Cricket Club
Last updated: February 2012