PTCC Practice Facility Reopening
We are delighted to announce the re-opening of our cricket facilities at Bretton Gate
On Friday 15 May 2020, the ECB announced how to safely open cricket facilities at clubs across the country.
It is very important that everyone reads the attached ECB guidelines as well as the Instructions for use of the facilities at our club.
With effect from Saturday 23 May 2020 the following will open:
- One Net Lane – subject to rules below.
- Cage (on the artificial wicket) – subject to rules below.
- Outfield (Bowls End and Clubhouse End) – subject to rules below.
All Members can use the outfield for their enjoyment with soft balls. We hope this area can provide a well maintained, safe and exclusive environment for our Members to enjoy as a family during your leisure time. Only Senior Members will be able to use the outfield for hard ball fielding practice.
To enhance our security, a gate with a padlock has now been fitted to the nets. The Club will be responsible for opening and closing the nets each day.
AVAILABILITY OF FACILITIES
- The nets and ground will only be available to use for PTCC Members.
- This means Members from 2019 as well as those who have kindly paid a Membership for 2020 then please see below re the method by which to book the net / outfield.
- There will be no external hire of the facilities until such time as we have reviewed use by our own Members and we are satisfied with our management of the booking system and the protocols we are putting in place.
- Other than for w/c 25 May which is half term our hours of opening will be as follows :
- Monday and Sunday: 10am to 7pm
- Monday – Friday (W/c 25 May only ): 2pm – 7pm
- It is intended that a Club Representative will be on site for all booked sessions.
- The Cricket Noticeboard adjacent to the nets contains all Guidance and Instructions as well as the Club’s safeguarding policies.
ONE TO ONE PRIVATE COACHING
- We have made a number of slots available to Chris Sanderson to deliver 1-1 coaching during w/c 25 May.
- Chris will observe all guidance including additional measures as a coach.
- Should you wish to use Chris his number is 07905 970321 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slots on Mon, Wed and Friday between 10 am and 1pm are already reserved on the system for Chris.
CAR PARKING (please note the Clubhouse is closed)
- Please remember that an ANPR system is in operation at the Club Monday to Friday.
- Many of you as Members (U11 – U15) from 2019 will already have your car registration details on our database.
- If you entered your details manually last year and are not on the database please ensure you advise me of your car registration details in advance so they can be recorded on the database.
GUIDELINES FOR USE
The facilities can only be used by prior booking and authorisation on the Club’s system in accordance with the email issued to Members.
From the ECB Guidance, it should specifically be noted that the nets can only be used:
- By up to 6 people who are not in the same household.
- You must wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the facility or use hand sanitiser. Do not touch your face.
- Observe social distancing rules at all times.
- Do NOT use the facility if you or a member of your household displays any symptoms of coronavirus however mild – observe government guidance.
- Use your own equipment. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
The following should be noted :
- Users should arrive 5 minutes before the session is due to start.
- Sessions can be booked for either 50 minutes or 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- Only the net lane nearest the cricket square must be used.
- Club equipment will not be provided. Users must bring all equipment and take away after use.
- Bins for rubbish are not provided. Users must take away all rubbish.
- The Clubhouse is not open. There are no toilet facilities available.
- First Aid is available from the tennis dome.
- The Club operates an ANPR system for the car park. If you car’s registration number is not on the system or you are unsure if it is please advise Brian Howard (tel 07793535683 or email@example.com).
- The nets, which are enclosed, have been marked out with areas for distancing when bowling.
- If there are 6 people in the net we advise that 1 bats, 1 sits outside the nets in preparation for being the next batsman and that there are 4 bowlers maximum.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No spitting in the nets or grounds.
- Please bring hand sanitiser for use before and after your session.
- A gate with a secure pad lock has now been fitted to the nets. The gate will be left open during all sessions. It will be opened and closed by the club representative present at the start and end of each day’s session.
- We ask that all Users please leave the site as soon as their session concludes so that we have the best opportunity to manage social distancing.
The Cricket Committee reserve the right at its own discretion to refuse use of the nets to anyone who it considers has not complied with the ECB Guidance and the Club’s Instructions.
The ECB Guidance Notes and the Club’s Instructions for use are also attached to the notice board adjacent to the nets at the Club.
Please do read the attached updated ECB guidelines below before coming down and using the facilities.
- I thank those of you who have paid a Membership for 2020, including those parents who signed up for All Stars and Dynamos.
- I appreciate not everyone has from 2019 and as stated in previous emails, we left the options open to individuals to decide based on their own personal circumstances.
- However, I do hope those Members from 2019, who we will allow to use the facilities, will now consider paying their Membership either in full or in part as it is so important we can keep the club alive during what is going to at least be a very uncertain 2020 summer for all of ourselves, we are happy to be flexible with payments. Please do not hesitate to discuss with Brian Howard (tel 07793535683 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We will formally review access to the facilities based on Memberships paid for 2020 after the first 4 full weeks of use. Thus it may then be fair to prioritise those who have paid and I hope everyone will see that as reasonable.
We thank you for your patience while we have worked out our processes and protocols. We will continue to review our collective experience of the process and protocols and compliance with them on an ongoing basis. Any feedback you have after use please don’t hesitate to contact us so that we can work together to ensure everyone has a good and compliant time.
- Opening our facilities is dependent upon complying with ECB guidelines and this means we MUST have in place an advance booking system so that we can track and trace all users should there be any issues.
- Booking slots will be for 1 hour but each session must end 10 minutes in advance so that we can manage social distancing between each session.
- We would ask that Members do not block book.
- We have limited facilities and until we have operated the system and processes for a couple of weeks and assessed demand we want to give everyone an opportunity to use the facilities not least as w/c 25 May is school half term.
- To book a slot, check this calendar first to see availability (will open in a new tab/window). Select an available session from the calendar, select the link entitled 'Booking Form' within the description and this will take you to the booking form to complete and submit for approval.
To cancel a booking please reply to your confirmation email.
All Members under the age of 16 MUST be supervised by an adult
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible down at the Club in the near future.