Child Protection Statement
PETERBOROUGH TOWN CRICKET CLUB - Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy Statement
Peterborough Town Cricket Club is committed to ensuring that all Young People (i.e. those aged under 18 years) who play cricket have a safe and positive experience.
The Club is committed to developing, implementing and practicing policies and procedures which ensure that everyone knows and accepts their responsibility in relation to the duty of care for Young People. The Club is committed to ensuring that there are correct and comprehensive reporting procedures by promoting good practice and sound recruitment procedures for all individuals working within the Club.
The Club’s Child Protection principles are as follows:
- All Young people within the Cricket Club, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability have the right to be protected
- All Young people participating in cricket at the Club have a right to do so in a safe environment
- Adults working within the Club will provide a safe, positive and fun cricketing experience for Young People
- Adults (volunteers, coaches, umpires, scorers) will undertake and be supported in their role and responsibility with regard to the Duty of Care for Young people
- Individuals will receive, as appropriate, through Education and Training, to be aware of and understand best practice and how to manage any welfare issue which may come to light
- All suspicions and allegations will be taken seriously, managed and dealt with swiftly and appropriately
- The Club is committed to the responsibility of the statutory agencies and is committed to complying with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board
- It is the responsibility of the child protection experts to determine whether or not, abuse has taken place, but it is the responsibility of all those working in the Club to report any concerns.
Peterborough Town CC Safeguarding Officer:
Jamie Smith, telephone: 07817 097191, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Spring 2023